Written-statement-for-csw60-1 Submitted By
The International Federation of Business and Professional Women (IFBPW)
The Commission on the Status of Women is a functional commission of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). It is the principal global policy-making body dedicated exclusively to gender equality and advancement of women. Every year, representatives of Member States gather at United Nations Headquarters in New York to evaluate progress on gender equality, identify challenges, set global standards and formulate concrete policies to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment worldwide.
The fifty-ninth session of the Commission on the Status of Women will take place at United Nations Headquarters in New York, tentatively scheduled for 9-20 March 2015. Representatives of Member States, UN entities, and ECOSOC-accredited non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from all regions of the world attend the session (Please visit the link for detailed information: http://www.unwomen.org/en/csw/ngo-participation/registration).
The strong commitment of D20 Delegates in due time and after the process have vital importance to increase effectiveness of BPW International as an organization which has consultative statue in the United Nations. However, before completing the template that you can find in the attachment, please consider following requirements:
- Nominations from the Federations, Clubs and/or Affliates that performed their financial drag to BPW International will be processed.
- The candidates who will involve in the whole process are preferable,
- Equal number of delegates from each region is desirable,
- Participation to morning sessions is mandatory,
- Participation to NGO CSW Forum Consultation Day is mandatory (please visit the link for detailed information http://www.ngocsw.org/ngo-csw-forum/ngo-consultation-day)
- Reporting (please see the reporting format in the attachment) of the sessions which the delegates participated in, is mandatory.
Hereafter, all nominations will be uploaded online. Because of our new web-page hasn’t been activated yet, please sent your nomination forms to email@example.com till 07.December.2014.
Dr. Arzu Özyol