To achieve a just and equal status for women in all levels and areas of society where decisions are taken in true partnership with men, based on a mutual respect, for a more balanced and peaceful world.
To be the leading New Zealand organisation representing the interests of working women and advancing the status of all women.
Integrity Respect Excellence Generosity Unity
“Each woman, as a citizen, must bring to the national policy of her own country the contribution of forward-looking and constructive thought followed by determined action. Each woman must dedicate herself to protect and promote the interests of all other women in business and in the professions.”
Dr Lena Madesin Phillips. Founding President of the International Federation of Business and Professional Women (BPW International) 26 August 1930
To obtain for women:
- Economic empowerment
- Personal development
- Political awareness
BPW International Aims
BPW International aims to unite business and professional women in all parts of the world.
1 . Work for women’s:
• economic independence
• equal opportunity and representation in economic, civil and political life
2. Encourage and support women and girls to:
• develop their professional and leadership potential
• undertake lifelong education and training
• use their abilities for the benefit of others, locally, nationally and internationally
• for the elimination of all discrimination against women
• for human rights and the use of gender-sensitive perspectives
• world-wide networking and co-operation between business and professional women
• non-profit projects that help women gain economic independence
• to present the views of business and professional women to international organisations and agencies, and to business, governments and civil society.
Official Collect of Business & Professional Women
- That we meet together as women, not allowing beliefs, religion, nationality, ethnicity or language to come between us.
- That these meetings enable us to move forward and advance the status of women throughout the world.
- That the value of women be recognized in our families, our communities, our workplaces, our country and the world.
- That we use our good ideas, our knowledge, our experience to promote the worth of women.
- That we combine our strengths to move forward in peace, in serenity, and in love.
- That women of all generations will do their part to achieve harmony and equality among all human beings.